Thursday, March 6, 2014

Teach Me to Know You Here on Earth

Lord, you have said, I am the Way -- not that we
shall never be confused.
You have said, I am the Truth -- not that we shall
have all the answers.
And, I am the Life -- not that we shall never die.

I am the Light by Danny Hahlbohm
I am the Light


Teach me to know you here on earth --
in its tangled maze of pathways, to know you as
the Way; in its unanswerable mysteries, to
know you as the Truth; in the face of suffering
and death, to know you as the Life.

Thank you, Lord, for not offering us a method,
saying, This is the Way.
Thank you for not granting us a set of invariable
propositions, saying, This is the Truth.

Thank you for not delivering us from being
human, saying, This is the Life.
Thank you, Lord, for saying instead, I am, and for
giving us yourself

Elisabeth Elliot

Elisabeth Elliot was the wife of Jim Elliot, one of five American missionaries martyred by Auca Indians in Ecuador in 1956. She told that story in her book, Through Gates of Splendor.

images by all posters


Blessings,
            Mimi


No comments: