Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Thank You, God, For Little Things

Thank you, God, for little things that often come our way--
The things we take for granted but don't mention when we pray-
Conch Shell on beach by Eric Kamp
Conch Shell on beach


The unexpected courtesy,
the thoughtful, kindly deed.

A hand reached out to help us
in the time of sudden need--
Female Hiker Gets a Helping Hand
Female Hiker Gets a Helping Hand


Oh, make us more aware, dear God,
of little daily graces
That come to us with sweet surprise
from never-dreamed-of places

Helen Steiner Rice

allposters

Enjoy A Blessed Sunday, Mimi

8 comments:

jennifer said...

I always receive a blessing here! Mimi, I think that you are annointed! Thank you for heeding the call to prayer - Jennifer

Karen H. said...

Good Morning Mimi,
I am trying to catch up with my visiting everyone. I am feeling fairly good for now, so I did a new post and am out doing a little visiting. This is such a lovely post. We do take things for granted and we sometimes fail to "THANK GOD" for them. "THANK YOU" for reminding us to do that. I read your previous post and it was so touching. So true and yet so wonderful. You have a gift of words. I do enjoy coming by for a visit. You always lift me up. Take care my friend and have a great day. May God Bless You and Yours.

Love & Hugs,
Karen H.

Adrienne said...

Thank you for this post. A good reminder to be thankful for everything!

Thanks for stopping my blog and for leaving your sweet comments. Please come by again soon.
~Adrienne~

SweetAnnee said...

I love the little things
They are the beauty of life
on Earth.

I thank God
for the birds singing this morning

For the owl hooting last night

and for you.

deena

Mary Isabella said...

I am always trying to get my children to see all the things they take for granted...Wonderful post!!!

Daughter of the King said...

Amen...the Little things, there are so many, sometimes taken for granted, at least I know I do...and the big things...
ALL things to HIM be the Glory and thanks,
Deby

Feathering My Nest said...

I love this. Thank you for encouraging words that bless us. I needed to hear this today. ~Kathi

Dawn said...

It has been a wonderful Sunday, as you wished for us - we had a missionary from Ukraine that brought us an amazing message full of the goodness of God in a difficult part of the world. We enjoyed lunch with him as well. Wha a blessing.