Saturday, November 28, 2015

In Depth Love

It's easy to say the words "I Love You!" But to truly love takes more than words!
I Love You by Carol Robinson I Love You More songs have been written about love than about any other topic. It has inspired some of the world's best, and worst, poetry. It has set on fire, and broken, countless hearts throughout human history. Many things are said about love. Yet for the final word on the topic, we must turn to the Bible. In 1 Cor. 13, the apostle Paul, under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit, provides the world's most beautiful ode to love. Paul chose a relatively rare Greek word for his definitive passage on love. This word, agape, describes a love that is based on the deliberate choice of the one who loves rather than the worthiness of the one who is loved. this kind of love goes against natural human inclination. It is a giving, selfless, expect-nothing-in-return kind of love. Paul's description of love is short but full of power. Love suffers for a long time. Our modern "throw-away" society encourages us to get rid of people in our lives who are difficult to get along with, whether they are friends, family, or acquaintances. Yet this attitude runs in complete contrast to the love, described by Paul. True love puts up with people who would be easier to give up on.
Love is Patient by Smith-Haynes
Love Bears All Things by Smith-Haynes Love Bears All Things The godly love described in this chapter has nothing to do with evil, but has everything to do with what is right and true. When we love, we may recognize problems and failures in people, but we do not lose faith in the possibilities of what people might become. Love never gives up, knowing that God can change lives for the better. Love accepts any hardship or rejection, and continues unabated to build up and encourage. The love described by Paul in this "love chapter" means determining what is best for another person and then doing it. This is the kind of love that God shows to us.
When we say "I Love You!" do we really mean it... or is it just words?
With Love, Mimi
all posters

13 comments:

Karen H. said...

Good Morning Mimi,
Oh, I just love your post today. Those same verses were read at our Wedding. It is so true. I think that is why we have such a wonderful Marriage because of our Marriage Ceremony and the things that were said. "THANK YOU" for sharing this with us and letting everyone know what TRUE LOVE really is. I finally done a post this morning. I have been awake since around 8:00p.m. last night. I am beginning to get a little sleepy, so maybe I will get a nap in a little while. Take care my friend and have a great day. May God Bless You and Yours.

Love & Hugs,
Karen H.

SweetAnnee said...

When I say it, I truly mean it
and feel so blessed to have
so much love surrounding me!!

fondly, Deena

Mimi said...

Karen,
you had better go take a nice long nap.. these long road trips and night hours of your DH's make it hard for you to keep your days and nights straight I know... so you sleep today and I will be talking to you (on blog) tomorrow...
love and hugs back atcha,
Mimi

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Deena,
My heart is just hurting for you, I wish I could do something to ease what you have to go through... but all I can do is cry with you, pray for you, and encourage you to be strong and fight...
{{Love and Hugs}}}
Mimi

Hailey's Beats and Bits said...

hello mimi! how's your weekend? hope you'rewell.. blessings..

Saija said...

thanks for reminding us, and encouraging us ... :o)

with love, saija

Unknown said...

I LOVE this message Mimi. One of my favorites verses. Thanks for sharing. REally good post.

Paula said...

This is one of my very favorite verses. Beautiful post, Mimi!

Adrienne said...

Beautiful post. True love is such a wonderful gift from the Father above.

Thanks for stopping by my blog and for leaving your sweet comments. Please visit again. I be back here soon to see what you have to share.

~Adrienne~

Cathy said...

Another beautiful post, Mimi, and at a good time with Valentine's Day coming up. :o)
Love,
Cathy

j said...

MiMi I love this post, and yes I mean it! I tell children, like my kids friends, that I love them because #1 its true. And #2, a child needs to hear, and feel loved. We have to show the love of Christ to the world. Jennifer

Rose of Sharon said...

We do need to show love and not just say it. I am so thankful to my Father in Heaven for loving me with agape love! His love is so pure and selfless.

Hugs, Sharon

Beverly said...

These words are so true - I remember that hubby and I took a long time to say "I love you" before we were married ... we always said "I like you ..." because we wanted it to be extremely special when we finally said it. And it was!

Anonymous said...

Oh Mimi this is just a beautiful post, I've had it marked on bloglines since Sunday but just haven't had time to pop over! Thank you so much.

Hugs.
Sarah x