REMAIN ENCOURAGED BY TAKING THE "DIS" OUT OF DISCOURAGE.
- Seek comfort with God. Let Him handle your battles, troubles, and conflicts. Remember that in the midst of life's problems, He never forsook Paul and David, Peter and Abraham, Stephen and Moses. He will be just as faithful in your own life.
- You may think you have tried your hardest, but until you call upon God, your burden will remain. Stop struggling with things that only the strength of God can overcome.
- With every challenge, you have the opportunity to experience greater growth in your faith and your walk with God. God uses the most painful trials to keep you reliant and faithful. His love does not keep you from challenges, but sees you through them clearly.
- Perhaps one of the reasons you have depression and discouragement is because you have not yielded everything totally to God.
- Nothing can hold the Holy Spirit down--everything lifts Him up.
- There is no problem too big for God to handle, but He can't help if you don't hand it over to Him.
Honorable Father in heaven, please help me to remember all the good that You have done for me and all that You promise for the future. Let me not forget that you are always with me and that I can always turn to you. Lord, help me realize that the devil is the oppressor and depressor and to always ask for deliverance.Amen
Psalm 42:11Why are you downcast, O my soul? Why so disturbed within me? Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise him, my Savior and my God.
Cast your cares on the Lord and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous fall.
Storm on the Sea of Galilee
Find rest, O my soul, in God alone; my hope comes from him. He alone is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will not be shaken. My salvation and my honor depend on God; he is my mighty rock, my refuge. Trust in him at all times, O people; pour out your hearts to him, for God is our refuge. (Psalm 62:5-8)